Chicken breasts in a seasoned flour coating are pan-fried till golden brown, then simmered with carrots and onions in a flavorful skillet sauce, placed on hot cooked brown rice, and sprinkled with fresh parsley.
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 small bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed
- ¼ cup KRAFT Light Zesty Italian Dressing
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
- ½ (8 ounce) container PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Mix flour and pepper in shallow dish. Add chicken; turn to coat both sides of each piece. Gently shake off excess flour. Heat dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken, meat-sides down; cook 5 to 6 min. or until golden brown. Turn chicken. Add carrots, onions and 1 cup broth; cover. Simmer on medium-low 20 min. or until chicken is done (165 degrees F).
- 2 Meanwhile, cook rice as directed on package; spoon onto serving platter. Use slotted spoon to remove chicken and vegetables from skillet; place over rice. Cover to keep warm.
- 3 Add Neufchatel and remaining broth to skillet; cook on high heat until Neufchatel is melted and sauce is well blended, stirring constantly. Simmer on medium-low heat 3 to 5 min. or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Spoon over chicken and vegetables; top with parsley.