- Published Jan 16th
Fast Chicken Soup Base Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Fast Chicken Soup Base for 8 servings:
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 quart water
- 1 store-bought roast chicken
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, cut into medium dice
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into rounds or half rounds, depending on size
- 2 large stalks celery, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
Fast Chicken Soup Base Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Fast Chicken Soup Base easily:
- 1 Bring broth and water to a simmer over medium-high heat in a large soup kettle. Meanwhile, separate chicken meat from skin and bones; reserve meat. Add skin and bones to the simmering broth. Reduce heat to low, partially cover and simmer until bones release their flavor, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 2 Strain broth through a colander into a large container; reserve broth and discard skin and bones. Return kettle to burner set on medium-high.
- 3 Add oil, then onions, carrots and celery. Saute until soft, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add chicken, broth and thyme. Bring to a simmer. (Can be refrigerated up to 3 days in advance. Return to a simmer before adding the extras of your choice.)
- Copyright 2004 USA WEEKEND and columnist Pam Anderson. All rights reserved.
Per Serving: 338 calories; 21.3 grams of fat; 5.8 grams of carbohydrates; 29.5 grams of protein; 91 milligrams of cholesterol; 118 milligrams of sodium.