Great light salad of an Eastern-Mediterranean flavor, with crunchy pita chips. Big favorite! I learned it from some Lebanese friends. After I tasted it, I needed to keep it.
- 3 pita rounds, torn into pieces
- oil for frying
- 2 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 small cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, minced
- 15 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 pinch celery salt
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place pita pieces into the skillet without crowding. Fry in batches until browned; then remove to paper towels.
- 2 Place romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper, green onions, mint leaves, parsley, and cilantro into a large bowl.
- 3 Pour lemon juice and white wine vinegar into a small bowl. Season with salt, lemon pepper, onion flakes, celery salt, and garlic powder. Stir in olive oil.
- 4 Gently toss salad with fried pita pieces and dressing. Adjust seasonings to taste, and serve.
- Calories 481.9
- Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Fat 36.5 g
- Fiber 3.8 g
- Protein 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Sodium 393.9 mg
- Sugar 5.4 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.