I took three of my favorite cranberry sauce recipes and combined them to come up with this recipe. The supreme Saigon cinnamon I used is more potent than most cinnamon brands sold in stores.
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 1 medium orange, finely zested, divided
- 1 crystallized ginger
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ⅓ teaspoon cinnamon (such as Supreme Saigon®)
- 1 Combine orange juice and both sugars in a saucepan over medium heat and allow the sugar to melt down. Add cranberries, 3/4 of the orange zest, and crystallized ginger.
- 2 Cook sauce, mashing down berries, over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- 3 Meanwhile, toast pecans in a small skillet over medium heat until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.
- 4 Stir cinnamon and chopped pecans into the cranberry sauce until well combined. Transfer cranberry sauce to a serving dish and top with remaining orange zest.
- Calories 112.6
- Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Fat 1.7 g
- Fiber 1.9 g
- Protein 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Sodium 3.4 mg
- Sugar 21.6 g