Golden puffed pastries are filled with a feta cheese mixture. These can be made ahead, and popped into the oven after your guests arrive.
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (17.5 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2 In a small bowl, blend feta cheese, green onions, and egg. Cut pastry into 12 (3 inch) squares. Place a mounded tablespoon of feta mixture in the center of each square. Moisten edges with water, and fold pastry over filling to form a triangle. Press edges together firmly with a fork to seal. Lightly brush pastries with the egg yolk mixture.
- 3 Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Calories 285.7
- Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 49.4 mg
- Fat 20.4 g
- Fiber 0.7 g
- Protein 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7 g
- Sodium 319.3 mg
- Sugar 1.1 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.