Thick, creamy, and oooh so heavenly. Not your everyday pasta dish!
- 1 pound dry fettuccine pasta
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 6 slices ham, chopped
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- 2 In a large saute pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened. Stir in the sliced mushrooms and the oregano, basil, and parsley. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated. Add the ham pieces and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- 3 Pour in the heavy cream and bring to a boil. Slowly stir in the spaghetti sauce and crushed red pepper blending it into the cream. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has reduced by a third and is thick.
- 4 Place fettuccini on plates and ladle even portions of sauce over top.
- Calories 477.9
- Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Cholesterol 77 mg
- Fat 24.8 g
- Fiber 4.6 g
- Protein 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Sodium 191.6 mg
- Sugar 5.1 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.