Shredded chicken, black beans, corn, cheese, and chiles in a creamy sauce are rolled into tortillas and baked with enchilada sauce and more cheese for this family-pleasing favorite.
- 8 Mission® Soft Taco Flour Tortillas
- Cooking spray
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup corn kernels
- ¼ cup packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 2 ¼ cups grated low-fat sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- ⅓ cup fat-free sour cream
- ⅓ cup enchilada sauce
- Hot pepper sauce such as Tabasco®
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x11x2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2 Pour chicken broth into a small frying pan, heat to simmer, add chicken breast, cover and simmer until no longer pink, turning once (approximately 25 minutes). Cool and shred.
- 3 In same frying pan, add onions and red pepper. Saute over medium heat until soft, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 4 In a large bowl, place chicken, onion-pepper mixture, beans, corn, cilantro, chilies, 2 cups of the cheese, and sour cream. Toss until thoroughly blended. Add tabasco, salt and pepper to taste.
- 5 Place 1/8 of mixture into center of each tortilla, roll and place in baking dish. When all 8 rolls are completed, pour Enchilada sauce over top and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake for 35 minutes, or until sauce bubbles and enchiladas are heated through. Makes 4 generous servings of 2 enchiladas each.
- Calories 723.7
- Carbohydrate 92.8 g
- Cholesterol 111.7 mg
- Fat 24.2 g
- Fiber 12.3 g
- Protein 57.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Sodium 2173.6 mg
- Sugar 12.9 g