- Published Dec 27th
- Ready In2h 35m
Figgy Pudding Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Figgy Pudding for 10 servings:
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 12 ounces dried Calimyrna figs, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups white whole-wheat flour (such as King Arthur®)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (2.45 ounce) package sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon orange-vanilla flavoring (such as Fiori di Sicilia® (optional)
Figgy Pudding Cooking Instructions
- Cook2h 10m
- Ready In2h 35m
To cook Figgy Pudding, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Figgy Pudding is about 2 hours 10 minutes , and you can serve your Figgy Pudding within 2 hours 35 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Figgy Pudding easily:
- 1 Gently heat buttermilk and figs in a saucepan over medium-low heat until softened, 10 to 15 minutes; set aside until cool.
- 2 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a tube pan.
- 3 Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt together in a bowl.
- 4 Beat eggs in a large bowl with an electric hand mixer on high for 1 minute. Add fig-and-buttermilk mixture, bread crumbs, butter, almonds, orange marmalade, orange zest, and orange-vanilla flavoring to the beaten eggs; beat on low speed until blended. Gradually add flour mixture while beating until just incorporated into a batter. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Grease a sheet of aluminum foil; use to cover pan.
- 5 Bake in preheated oven until firm and pulling away from sides of the pan, about 2 hours. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cook's Note:
- Fiori di Sicilia is a floral orange flavoring used in Italian Pandoro. Although not absolutely necessary for this recipe, I thought it added an exotic what-is-that-flavor to the dessert.
Per Serving: 465 calories; 16.1 grams of fat; 75.3 grams of carbohydrates; 10.4 grams of protein; 75 milligrams of cholesterol; 610 milligrams of sodium.