An amazing dessert! You can use figs or dates in this recipe, and you can replace the orange liqueur with Marsala wine if you prefer. Preparation Time: 15 minutes. This recipe is from The WEBB Cooks, articles and recipes by Robyn Webb, courtesy of the American Diabetes Association.
- 6 fresh figs
- 2 tablespoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup blanched slivered almonds
- ½ fluid ounce orange liqueur
- 1 Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Cut each fig in half. (If you cannot find fresh figs and would like to use dried figs, cut a little opening in the top of the fig and make a pocket for the stuffing.)
- 3 In a small mixing bowl, combine chocolate chips, almonds, and wine. Spoon about 2 teaspoons of the stuffing mixture into each fig half.
- 4 Bake on a cookie sheet for 10 minutes.
- Calories 100.2
- Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Fat 3.6 g
- Fiber 2.5 g
- Protein 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Sodium 1.7 mg
- Sugar 13.5 g