- Published Jan 7th
- Ready In1h
Filipino Fish Stew (Paksiw na Bangus) Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Filipino Fish Stew (Paksiw na Bangus) for 6 servings:
- 3 1/4 pounds whole milkfish (bangus)
- 1 eggplant, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (2 inch) piece ginger, thinly sliced crosswise, or to taste
- 2 large green chile peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 small bitter melon, cut into chunks
Filipino Fish Stew (Paksiw na Bangus) Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h
To cook Filipino Fish Stew (Paksiw na Bangus), you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Filipino Fish Stew (Paksiw na Bangus) is about 40 minutes , and you can serve your Filipino Fish Stew (Paksiw na Bangus) within 1 hour . The following are the steps to cook Filipino Fish Stew (Paksiw na Bangus) easily:
- 1 Remove scales, gills, and guts from the fish. Rinse and cut crosswise into 3 steak pieces. Pat dry.
- 2 Arrange eggplant, onion, and ginger in the bottom of a 1 1/2-quart pot. Place fish on top. Add green chiles and sprinkle with salt.
- 3 Pour water and vinegar into the pot with the fish. Bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes; reduce heat and simmer until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 20 minutes. Add green bell pepper and bitter melon. Cook until bitter melon is soft to the touch, about 10 minutes more.
Per Serving: 419 calories; 16.9 grams of fat; 12.6 grams of carbohydrates; 52.6 grams of protein; 129 milligrams of cholesterol; 571 milligrams of sodium.