It’s simply a strip of steak that is battered and deep fried. Deep fried steak… Just sit there and let that marinate in your brain for a minute. Yeah, they’re way good! Serve with french fries (of course) or BBQ sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup dark beer
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce (such as Frank's RedHot®)
- 2 pounds flat iron steaks
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 4 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1 Whisk the flour, 3 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt, and black pepper together in a mixing bowl; set aside. Beat the egg in a separate mixing bowl, then mix in the buttermilk, beer, and hot pepper sauce until smooth; set aside. Cut the steak into strips 1/2-inch wide by 3- to 4-inches long. Place into a mixing bowl, and toss with the remaining 1 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- 2 Gently press the steak strips into the flour to coat and shake off the excess flour. Place the steak strips into the beaten egg, then toss in the flour again. Gently toss the strips between your hands so the excess flour can fall away. Place onto a baking sheet, and freeze until solid, about 4 hours.
- 3 Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 4 Fry the frozen steak strips in small batches (5 to 7 at a time) until the breading is golden brown, and the beef has cooked to your desired degree of doneness, about 5 minutes for medium-well.
- Calories 385.6
- Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 101 mg
- Fat 25 g
- Fiber 0.6 g
- Protein 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Sodium 652.6 mg
- Sugar 0.5 g