- Published Aug 14th
- Ready In2h 20m
Finnish-American Flatbread Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Finnish-American Flatbread for 12 servings:
- 4 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup coarse whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup coarse whole rye flour
- 8 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Finnish-American Flatbread Cooking Instructions
- Ready In2h 20m
To cook Finnish-American Flatbread, you need about 2 hours of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Finnish-American Flatbread is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Finnish-American Flatbread within 2 hours 20 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Finnish-American Flatbread easily:
- 1 In a large bowl, stir together the warm water and sugar. Sprinkle the yeast over the top and let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- 2 Stir in the salt, whole wheat flour and rye flour. Mix in the bread flour 1 cup at a time until the dough is not sticky. Knead on a floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Place in an oiled bowl, turning to coat. Set aside to rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- 3 Punch down the dough and divide into 4 or 5 portions. Form each one into a ball, and let rise again until doubled, about 20 minutes.
- 4 Place each ball onto a baking sheet and flatten out into an oval 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick. Poke holes all over using the tines of a fork. Let rise again until doubled, 20 to 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 5 Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until browned on the top and bottom. Brush the tops with butter while still warm.
Per Serving: 404 calories; 3.8 grams of fat; 78.2 grams of carbohydrates; 13.2 grams of protein; 5 milligrams of cholesterol; 406 milligrams of sodium.