- Published May 27th
- Ready In5h
Firehouse Clam Bake New England Style Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Firehouse Clam Bake New England Style for 40 servings:
- 20 small (1 pound) lobsters
- 20 pounds clams in shell, scrubbed
- 10 pounds mussels, cleaned and debearded
- 10 pounds cod
- 20 white potatoes
- 20 sweet potatoes
- 20 ears fresh corn
- 5 pounds bratwurst
- 5 pounds hot dogs
- 5 pounds pork sausage
- 3 pounds sweet onions
Firehouse Clam Bake New England Style Cooking Instructions
- Prep3h 30m
- Cook1h 30m
- Ready In5h
To cook Firehouse Clam Bake New England Style, you need about 3 hours 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Firehouse Clam Bake New England Style is about 1 hour 30 minutes , and you can serve your Firehouse Clam Bake New England Style within 5 hours . The following are the steps to cook Firehouse Clam Bake New England Style easily:
- 1 At the beach dig a hole in the sand with the approximate proportions: width = 2 feet, length = 4 feet, depth = 1-1/2 feet. Line the hole with stones from the beach. Build a fire inside of the hole and cover with rocks from the beach. Heat the stones for 2 to 3 hours.
- 2 Remove coals and/or embers from the hole. Arrange hot stones evenly across the bottom of the hole. Place fresh 1/2 bushel seaweed (wet) on top of the hot stones.
- 3 Working quickly layer the food on top of the seaweed, the food should be layered evenly on top of each other in the following order: clams, mussels, fish, sausage, hotdogs (wrapped in cheesecloth), onions, potatoes (white and sweet), corn, and finally lobsters.
- 4 Cover food with a clean, wet cloth. Place remaining seaweed on top of cloth.
- 5 Cover entire hole of food with a wet tarpaulin, sealing the steam created by the hot stones and seaweed in. Allow a very small amount of steam to escape to relieve pressure. Let bake cook for 1 or more hours. The bake is completed when the potatoes are soft. Serve bake with melted butter to dip the seafood in and lobster crackers. Don't forget napkins -- you'll need 'em!
Per Serving: 999 calories; 48.2 grams of fat; 49.3 grams of carbohydrates; 89.5 grams of protein; 294 milligrams of cholesterol; 2368 milligrams of sodium.