This was passed from a friend who is a firefighter and he would make these when it was his turn to cook for the crew. These are requested at every get together now. When finished baking, you can grill to get a softer pepper skin. Enjoy!
- 30 jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 30 small smoked sausages (such as Lit'l Smokies®)
- 1 (1 pound) package thin-sliced bacon, cut in half
- 60 toothpicks
- ½ cup barbeque sauce
- 1 Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Fill the jalapeno pepper halves with softened cream cheese, then place a smoked sausage into each pepper on top of the cheese. Wrap each piece with a half strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place the peppers onto a baking sheet and brush with the barbeque sauce.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven until the bacon is crispy, about 30 minutes.
- Calories 137.8
- Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 25.1 mg
- Fat 12.5 g
- Fiber 0.4 g
- Protein 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Sodium 292.9 mg
- Sugar 1.6 g