- Published Aug 4th
- Ready In2h 35m
Fish on a Plank Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Fish on a Plank for 6 servings:
- 1 cedar plank
- 6 (5 ounce) mahi mahi fillets
- 1 cup bottled teriyaki sauce
- 2 mangos - peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chipotle seasoning
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon hot-pepper sauce
Fish on a Plank Cooking Instructions
- Ready In2h 35m
To cook Fish on a Plank, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Fish on a Plank is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Fish on a Plank within 2 hours 35 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Fish on a Plank easily:
- 1 In a medium bowl, combine the mangos, bell pepper, green onion, cilantro and jalapeno pepper. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and lime juice. Stir together then cover and refrigerate until serving to blend the flavors.
- 2 Soak the plank in water for at least 2 hours, longer if possible. Place the mahi mahi fillets in a shallow dish and coat with teriyaki sauce. Cover, and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- 3 Prepare a grill for indirect heat. If using charcoal, arrange and light coals under one half of the grill. Sprinkle lemon juice over the fish fillets and season with chipotle seasoning, red pepper flakes and hot pepper sauce. Place the fillets on the plank.
- 4 Place the plank on the grill over direct heat. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Move the plank with the fish over to indirect heat (the cooler part of the grill), cover and cook for 10 more minutes or until fish can be flaked with a fork. Top fillets with mango salsa and serve hot.
Per Serving: 232 calories; 2.9 grams of fat; 21.3 grams of carbohydrates; 29.9 grams of protein; 104 milligrams of cholesterol; 2007 milligrams of sodium.