Easy recipe to make. Takes no time at all and the important thing is that it’s good.
- 2 pounds cubed beef chuck roast
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 2 onions, sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup Burgundy wine
- 3 tablespoons tapioca
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups canned potatoes
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 2 cups canned mushrooms, drained
- 1 Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- 2 Combine the cubed chuck, carrots, onions, brown sugar, wine, tapioca, tomatoes, tomato sauce in a large baking dish. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3 Bake at 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) for 4 hours. Remove from oven and add stir in the potatoes, water chestnuts and mushrooms.
- 4 Raise oven temperature to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 1 more hour.
- Calories 439.1
- Carbohydrate 41.7 g
- Cholesterol 77.9 mg
- Fat 16.7 g
- Fiber 8.1 g
- Protein 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Sodium 700.7 mg
- Sugar 11.5 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.