This meringue cookie sets up overnight. I bake lots of cookies and then end my day by mixing up a batch of these kisses and turning out the light!!
- 3 egg whites
- ¾ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray cookie sheets with non-stick spray.
- 2 Beat egg whites until frothy. Add cream of tartar and salt. Beat until very stiff.
- 3 Add sugar slowly by teaspoonful. Beat until glossy.
- 4 Fold in vanilla, food coloring, and chips.
- 5 Drop by spoonfuls onto greased sheet. Place in oven. turn OFF the oven. Leave til oven is cold. DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR TO PEEK ... THE COOKIES WILL TURN GUMMY!!!
- Calories 69.6
- Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Fat 2.3 g
- Fiber 0.6 g
- Protein 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Sodium 17.8 mg
- Sugar 11.8 g