This is great dessert for any time of year. You can easily change the flavor by substituting a different pudding in place of the butterscotch (we also like chocolate a lot).
- ½ cup margarine
- 1 ¼ cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ⅓ cups chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2 In a bowl, cream together margarine with 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar. Mix in flour and 1 cup pecans. Press into prepared dish.
- 3 Bake in preheated oven 15 minutes, until very lightly browned. Cool completely.
- 4 In a bowl, cream together cream cheese with remaining 1 cup confectioners' sugar. Fold in half the whipped topping. Spread over cooled crust.
- 5 Stir together pudding mix and milk and allow to set up slightly. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping and sprinkle with remaining nuts. Keep refrigerated.
- Calories 342.9
- Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Fat 20.6 g
- Fiber 1 g
- Protein 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Sodium 332.6 mg
- Sugar 23.3 g