This amazing cake joined the Walker family traditions when my brother met my sister-in-law. She’s a redhead with lots of freckles, and this cake, thanks to the chocolate shavings and chips, has lots of freckles too. So, we changed the name. Chocolate Chip Cake (boring!) is now Freckle Cake. Great topped with vanilla ice cream!
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) package sweet baking chocolate (such as Baker's German's Sweet Chocolate®), grated
- 1 (12 ounce) package miniature chocolate chips
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Generously grease a 10-inch fluted tube pan (such as a Bundt®).
- 2 Beat yellow cake mix, vanilla pudding mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and water in a bowl with an electric mixer to make a smooth batter, about 2 minutes. Stir grated chocolate and chocolate chips into batter and pour into prepared tube pan.
- 3 Bake until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean, 50 to 55 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan before turning out onto a cake plate.
- Calories 583.9
- Carbohydrate 65.5 g
- Cholesterol 62.9 mg
- Fat 36.1 g
- Fiber 2.9 g
- Protein 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Sodium 431.7 mg
- Sugar 45.7 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.