- Published Dec 24th
French Onion Soup IV Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious French Onion Soup IV for 6 servings:
- 1 onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans beef consomme
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 8 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
- 7 slices French bread
French Onion Soup IV Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook French Onion Soup IV easily:
- 1 In a large pot over medium high heat, saute the onions in the butter or margarine for about 5 minutes, or until tender. Add the consomme, broth, water and wine. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes.
- 2 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 3 In individual oven-proof bowls, break up Swiss cheese slices and place one slice in the bottom of each bowl. Place one slice of bread on each slice of cheese. Ladle in the soup, place another slice of bread on top and cover with more Swiss cheese. Put bowls in the oven and allow cheese to melt on top.
Per Serving: 393 calories; 19.3 grams of fat; 23.6 grams of carbohydrates; 26 grams of protein; 36 milligrams of cholesterol; 8623 milligrams of sodium.