A cool shrimp salad with asparagus and artichokes. Canned artichoke hearts are fine, but fresh cooked can be great.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- ¾ pound cooked shrimp - peeled and deveined
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup French dressing
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 6 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 Cook the asparagus in boiling salted water until tender. Remove and cool under cold water. Reserve six stalks and cut remaining asparagus into 1 inch pieces.
- 2 Cook and clean shrimp. Again reserve the best six and dice the remainder. In a bowl, combine shrimp and asparagus, mix gently with mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- 3 In a separate bowl, marinate the artichoke hearts in 1 cup French dressing.
- 4 Place shrimp and asparagus in an attractive shallow bowl. Garnish with sieved egg and arrange reserved asparagus on top to resemble the spokes of a wheel.
- 5 Drain the artichoke bottoms and garnish each with a dollop of mayonnaise, 1 whole shrimp and 1 parsley sprig. Arrange them around the salad.
- Calories 422.7
- Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 186 mg
- Fat 33 g
- Fiber 3 g
- Protein 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Sodium 690 mg
- Sugar 8.9 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.