A delicious twist on French toast with a yummy cream cheese filling.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup white sugar, divided
- 24 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 Beat cream cheese, egg yolk, and 1/4 cup sugar together in a bowl until smooth. Pour melted butter into a separate shallow bowl. Mix remaining 3/4 cup sugar and cinnamon together in a third shallow bowl.
- 2 Spread even amounts of the cream cheese mixture onto one side of each bread slice. Roll the bread into a cylinder around the cream cheese filling. Brush melted butter around the outside of each cylinder and roll the cylinders in the cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat.
- 3 Arrange the rolls in a dish, cover with plastic wrap, and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- 4 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 5 Transfer frozen rolls to a baking dish and bake in preheated oven until hot in the center, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Calories 293.9
- Carbohydrate 43 g
- Cholesterol 45.2 mg
- Fat 11.4 g
- Fiber 1.5 g
- Protein 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Sodium 416.9 mg
- Sugar 18.9 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.