- Published Jan 1st
Fresh Pumpkin Pie Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Fresh Pumpkin Pie for 8 servings:
- 1 medium sugar pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup honey, warmed slightly
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Fresh Pumpkin Pie Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Fresh Pumpkin Pie easily:
- 1 Cut pumpkin in half, and remove seeds. Lightly oil the cut surface. Place cut side down on a jelly roll pan lined with foil and lightly oiled. Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) until the flesh is tender when poked with a fork. Cool until just warm. Scrape the pumpkin flesh from the peel. Either mash, or puree in small batches in a blender.
- 2 In large bowl, blend together 2 cups pumpkin puree, spices, and salt. Beat in eggs, honey, milk, and cream. Pour filling into pie shell.
- 3 Bake at 400 degrees F ( 205 degrees C) for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a knife inserted 1 inch from edge of pie comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Per Serving: 405 calories; 17.7 grams of fat; 59.6 grams of carbohydrates; 7.5 grams of protein; 115 milligrams of cholesterol; 458 milligrams of sodium.