- Published Feb 7th
Fresh Spring Rolls With Thai Dipping Sauce Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Fresh Spring Rolls With Thai Dipping Sauce for 6 servings:
- 6 spring roll wrappers (available in Asian markets)
- 12 medium shrimp, cooked and shelled
- 1 cup shredded leaf lettuce
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup peeled, seeded, chopped cucumber
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- Quick Thai Dipping Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 1/4 teaspoon grated ginger root (optional)
Fresh Spring Rolls With Thai Dipping Sauce Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Fresh Spring Rolls With Thai Dipping Sauce easily:
- 1 In a bowl of cool water, soak a wrapper until limp. Lay wrapper out flat. Place 1/6 of each ingredient down middle of wrapper, starting with lettuce. Fold over each end and tightly roll the wrapper around the contents, as if making a burrito. Moisten at seam; press to close.
- 2 Lay on plate, cover with moist paper towel and refrigerate until ready to serve. Then slice in two and serve with Quick Thai Dipping Sauce, below, or peanut sauce.
- 3 To make the Quick Thai Dipping Sauce, combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Copyright 2004 Jean Carper. Printed first in USA WEEKEND. All rights reserved.
Per Serving: 59 calories; 0.3 grams of fat; 8.9 grams of carbohydrates; 3.4 grams of protein; 20 milligrams of cholesterol; 168 milligrams of sodium.