Starting with fresh sugar pumpkins beats canned when you have a little time, plus you get the seeds to roast as a snack!
- 2 sugar pumpkins, halved and seeded
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups demerara sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crusts
- 1 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; lightly oil the foil.
- 2 Arrange pumpkin halves onto the prepared baking sheet, cut sides down.
- 3 Bake in preheated oven until flesh is tender throughout, about 40 minutes. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- 4 Increase oven heat to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- 5 Scrape pumpkin flesh into a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, heavy cream, sour cream, demerara sugar, flour, pumpkin pie spice, and salt; beat until smooth. Pour the pumpkin mixture into pie crusts.
- 6 Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Calories 364
- Carbohydrate 50.3 g
- Cholesterol 67.6 mg
- Fat 17.4 g
- Fiber 1.4 g
- Protein 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Sodium 333.1 mg
- Sugar 27.2 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.