- Published Aug 12th
- Ready In22m
This is an extremely simple pasta recipe that I love to make when I don’t really feel like cooking! I use rigatoni, but you can use whatever pasta you prefer. This is especially delicious with tomatoes fresh from your garden. Serve with garlic bread and a simple lettuce salad with Italian dressing.
Fresh Tomato Pasta Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Fresh Tomato Pasta for 2 servings:
- 1 (8 ounce) package dry pasta
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
Fresh Tomato Pasta Cooking Instructions
- Ready In22m
To cook Fresh Tomato Pasta, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Fresh Tomato Pasta is about 12 minutes , and you can serve your Fresh Tomato Pasta within 22 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Fresh Tomato Pasta easily:
- 1 Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat.
- 2 Coarsely chop the tomato and transfer to a small bowl. Sprinkle the tomato chunks with basil, olive oil, and salt. Set aside.
- 3 Once the water is boiling, stir in the rigatoni, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain well in a colander, and then return the pasta to the pot.
- 4 Pour the tomato mixture over the pasta and toss to mix.
Per Serving: 501 calories; 12 grams of fat; 82.2 grams of carbohydrates; 17.1 grams of protein; 134 milligrams of cholesterol; 33 milligrams of sodium.