- Published Mar 19th
- Ready In1h 2m
Fresh Wild Pacific Coho Salmon and Corn Chowder Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Fresh Wild Pacific Coho Salmon and Corn Chowder for 4 servings:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced celery hearts
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 small sweet red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 3 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced, or more to taste
- 2 cups fish stock
- 2 (8 ounce) bottles clam juice
- 2 ears corn, removed from cob
- 1 pound coho salmon - skinned, boned, and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Fresh Wild Pacific Coho Salmon and Corn Chowder Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 2m
To cook Fresh Wild Pacific Coho Salmon and Corn Chowder, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Fresh Wild Pacific Coho Salmon and Corn Chowder is about 32 minutes , and you can serve your Fresh Wild Pacific Coho Salmon and Corn Chowder within 1 hour 2 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Fresh Wild Pacific Coho Salmon and Corn Chowder easily:
- 1 Heat butter and vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; add celery, onion, carrot, red pepper, and yellow pepper. Cook and stir until soft and onion is translucent, 7 to 10 minutes.
- 2 Stir potatoes, fish stock, and clam juice into the vegetable mixture; simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in corn; simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- 3 Mix salmon, cream, dill, thyme, tarragon, salt, and pepper into the potato mixture; reduce heat to low. Cook and stir until salmon flakes easily with a fork, 5 to 7 minutes. Ladle chowder into bowls; garnish with parsley.
- Cook's Note:
- You can check with your local fish monger for the fish stock.
Per Serving: 609 calories; 36.9 grams of fat; 38.8 grams of carbohydrates; 33.5 grams of protein; 143 milligrams of cholesterol; 866 milligrams of sodium.