- Published Aug 14th
- Ready In25m
Fried Bass Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Fried Bass for 3 servings:
- 1 cup peanut oil for frying, or as needed
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 (6 ounce) fillets striped bass fillets, skinned
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 (1 ounce) package salt-and-vinegar potato chips, crushed
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Fried Bass Cooking Instructions
- Ready In25m
To cook Fried Bass, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Fried Bass is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Fried Bass within 25 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Fried Bass easily:
- 1 Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Whisk eggs and water together in a bowl; set the egg wash aside.
- 2 Sprinkle the bass fillets on both sides with Cajun seasoning and lemon pepper. Dredge the fillets in flour, and shake off any excess. Dip the fillets in the egg wash, then dip fillets in the crushed potato chips.
- 3 Fry the fish in the preheated skillet until lightly browned, about 4 minutes per side. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Editor's Note
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 466 calories; 22.3 grams of fat; 25.7 grams of carbohydrates; 41.7 grams of protein; 301 milligrams of cholesterol; 630 milligrams of sodium.