Cheese stuffed large pitted black olives breaded and fried golden brown.
- 1 (15 ounce) can jumbo pitted black olives, drained
- 4 ounces soft Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup Italian-style dry bread crumbs
- oil for deep frying
- 1 Drain olives well on paper towels. Place Gorgonzola cheese in a pastry bag, or a heavy plastic bag, and squirt into each olive.
- 2 Whisk together the eggs and milk; place the bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Dip olives in the egg mixture, shake off the excess, and roll in bread crumbs to coat; set aside.
- 3 Heat at least 4 inches of oil in a large pot to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 4 Fry olives in hot oil until golden brown and drain on paper towels. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Calories 359.2
- Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 83 mg
- Fat 27.8 g
- Fiber 2.8 g
- Protein 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Sodium 1202.4 mg
- Sugar 1.8 g