Fried plantains with avocado dip. Place the avocado dip in the middle of a plate, and surround it with your fried plantains. Bon appetit!
- 2 Hass avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- vegetable oil for frying
- 2 green plantains, peeled and sliced into fifths
- 1 Combine avocados, lemon juice, mayonnaise, and salt together in a bowl; sprinkle in garlic. Mash using a potato masher until dip is creamy.
- 2 Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Drizzle about 1 teaspoon oil onto a clean work surface and the bottom of a coffee cup.
- 3 Fry the plantains in the hot oil until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from fryer and place on the work surface; flatten with the bottom of the coffee cup. Re-fry until browned and tender, about 5 minutes. Place on a paper towel-covered plate; sprinkle with salt. Serve plantains alongside the dip.
- Calories 829.6
- Carbohydrate 39 g
- Cholesterol 1.7 mg
- Fat 77.4 g
- Fiber 2.8 g
- Protein 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Sodium 224.9 mg
- Sugar 18.1 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.