This tangy and sweet dish is perfect served over fluffy white rice. Be sure and not to overcook the squid or it will become tough.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 2 pounds squid, cleaned and cut into 1/2 inch rings
- ½ fresh pineapple - peeled, cored and chopped
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat the and the garlic. Fry until garlic is golden brown.
- 2 Add onion and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add squid and cook until they just turn white (do not overcook). Add the pineapple, celery, fish sauce, sugar and pepper. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Calories 329.6
- Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 528.9 mg
- Fat 10.1 g
- Fiber 2 g
- Protein 37.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Sodium 1228.5 mg
- Sugar 9.2 g