A tantalizing mixture of flavors where cilantro meets nutmeg. Only the daring need click here. For a variation, serve over cooked rice or burrito-style, wrapped with rice inside warmed tortillas.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅓ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 apples - peeled, cored and chopped
- ¼ cup mild green tomatillo salsa
- 1 Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place the chicken strips in the skillet, and sprinkle with the red wine vinegar. Season with 1/2 the pepper, 1/2 the oregano, 1/2 the garlic powder, and 1/2 the nutmeg. Cook 5 minutes, turn, and season with remaining pepper, oregano, garlic powder, and nutmeg.
- 2 Place the cilantro, onion, and apples over the chicken in the skillet. Cover, and continue cooking 5 minutes, until chicken juices run clear and apples are slightly tender.
- 3 Place the tomatillo salsa in a bowl, and cook in the microwave 2 minutes on High, or until heated through. Serve over the cooked chicken and apples.
- Calories 259.8
- Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 71.9 mg
- Fat 10.7 g
- Fiber 2.1 g
- Protein 27 g
- Saturated Fat 2 g
- Sodium 115.7 mg
- Sugar 8.6 g