This chili made with ground chicken is healthy and delicious.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1 Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- 2 Increase heat to high and add ground chicken. Cook and stir chicken, breaking it up into small pieces, until no longer pink, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 3 Add tomatoes, kidney beans, pinto beans, chile powder, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, and salt. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro. Serve immediately.
- Calories 251
- Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Cholesterol 46.1 mg
- Fat 5.5 g
- Fiber 7.9 g
- Protein 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Sodium 520.7 mg
- Sugar 4 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.