This recipe is so easy and healthy. I love mashed potatoes, and when I started the South Beach Diet® and couldn’t have them, I had to find an alternative. This is an awesome alternative, and people who hate vegetables love it. I do recommend using a large food processor for this recipe.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower, cover, and steam until tender, about 10 minutes.
- 2 Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat; cook and stir garlic until softened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 3 Transfer half the cauliflower to a food processor; cover and blend on high. Add remaining cauliflower florets, one at a time, until vegetables are creamy. Blend in garlic, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, salt, and black pepper.
- Calories 97.8
- Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 6.6 mg
- Fat 5.7 g
- Fiber 3.6 g
- Protein 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Sodium 371.6 mg
- Sugar 3.5 g