Heart warming and hearty, this bacon-flecked savory soup is made with chunks of red potatoes, carrots, onion and celery that simmer in chicken broth with minced garlic.
- 3 ½ cups Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness® or Certified Organic)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into cubes
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup instant mashed potato flakes or buds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Heat the broth, garlic,potatoes, carrots, onion, celery and bacon in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- 2 Reduce the heat to medium. Stir the milk, potato flakes and parsley in the saucepan. Cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling, stirring occasionally.
- Calories 285.1
- Carbohydrate 54.2 g
- Cholesterol 14.2 mg
- Fat 4 g
- Fiber 6 g
- Protein 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Sodium 1025.4 mg
- Sugar 9.1 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.