An unbelievable rich twist on au gratin potatoes, this casserole develops a caramelized, cheesy, roasted-garlic crust as it bakes. However, this dish does not save well (leftovers tend to separate and become oily), so eat up! Wonderful with a ham dinner.
- 3 pounds red potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 6 ounces Gouda cheese, shredded, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 2 In the prepared dish layer 1/2 of the potatoes, 1/2 of the cheese, then the remaining potatoes.
- 3 Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic until fragrant and golden brown; pour over potatoes.
- 4 Combine cream, salt and pepper; pour evenly over potatoes and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 5 Bake in preheated oven for 75 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Calories 394
- Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Cholesterol 96.8 mg
- Fat 26.9 g
- Fiber 2.6 g
- Protein 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Sodium 523.9 mg
- Sugar 2.5 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.