Want a super satisfying, quick and easy dinner? Then this buttery garlic shrimp pasta bake is definitely a family pleasing meal idea that you should try!
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup grated Romano cheese
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain.
- 3 Heat 1 tablespoon butter and vegetable oil large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add shrimp, 2 tablespoons parsley, and dill. Cook and stir, flipping shrimp halfway, until pink, 3 to 4 minutes. Move shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- 4 Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in the skillet, stirring into the shrimp juices. Add flour; whisk until fully combined and starting to turn golden, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add chicken broth and milk in that order; whisk to combine. Stir in tomatoes, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Bring sauce to a simmer.
- 5 Stir 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and Romano cheese into the sauce until cheeses begin to melt and sauce is creamy. Add 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese. Mix in about 1/2 the cooked penne to start; add more if there is enough sauce to coat. Add the shrimp and stir to combine. Top with the remaining parsley, Parmesan, and mozzarella.
- 6 Bake in the preheated oven and bake until top is golden and sauce bubbles around the edges of the skillet, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Calories 423.3
- Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Cholesterol 156.2 mg
- Fat 15.5 g
- Fiber 2.6 g
- Protein 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Sodium 982.4 mg
- Sugar 5.5 g