Spicy bison and quinoa chili with the addition of black beans and corn for a hearty recipe to top with avocado, cheese, and sour cream.
- 1 pound ground bison
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can lower sodium beef broth
- ¼ cup white quinoa, uncooked
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- ½ cup fresh corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons ghost pepper chili seasoning mix (see Cook's Tip)
- 1 large avocado - pitted, peeled, and diced
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add bison, onion, and green bell pepper; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until bison is crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- 2 Stir broth and quinoa into the saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender.
- 3 Stir black beans, tomato sauce, undrained tomatoes, corn, and chili seasoning mix into the saucepan; simmer uncovered 15 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- 4 Top each serving evenly with avocado, sour cream, and Cheddar cheese.
- Calories 555.4
- Carbohydrate 50 g
- Cholesterol 82.7 mg
- Fat 24.1 g
- Fiber 17.1 g
- Protein 39.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Sodium 1896.2 mg
- Sugar 10.4 g