- Published Oct 30th
- Ready In1h 25m
Ghoulishly Good Halloween Snack Mix Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Ghoulishly Good Halloween Snack Mix for 40 servings:
- 6 cups cone-shaped corn snacks (such as Bugles®)
- 4 cups cheese-flavored crackers (such as Cheez-It®)
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 ounce vanilla-flavored candy coating
- 1 (.88 ounce) package candy eyeballs
- 1 (11 ounce) package candy corn
- 1 (12 ounce) package candy-coated peanut butter pieces (such as Reese's Pieces®)
Ghoulishly Good Halloween Snack Mix Cooking Instructions
- Cook1h 10m
- Ready In1h 25m
To cook Ghoulishly Good Halloween Snack Mix, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Ghoulishly Good Halloween Snack Mix is about 1 hour 10 minutes , and you can serve your Ghoulishly Good Halloween Snack Mix within 1 hour 25 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Ghoulishly Good Halloween Snack Mix easily:
- 1 Preheat the oven to 255 degrees F (124 degrees C).
- 2 Combine corn snacks, cheese crackers, popcorn, and pretzel sticks in a large roasting pan.
- 3 Bring brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract and baking soda. Pour the syrup over the snack mixture in the roasting pan; stir to coat.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, stirring to coat every 15 minutes.
- 5 Line a countertop with waxed paper. Spread snack mix into a single layer on top.
- 6 Place candy coating in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 1 minute. Stir until smooth and place a dot of the melted candy on the back of a candy eyeball; attach to a corn snack. Repeat with remaining eyeballs.
- 7 Transfer snack mix to a large bowl. Stir in candy corn and peanut butter candy pieces.
- Cook's Note:
- Nacho cheese-flavored Bugles® also work.
Per Serving: 369 calories; 16.8 grams of fat; 52 grams of carbohydrates; 4 grams of protein; 10 milligrams of cholesterol; 690 milligrams of sodium.