This is a twist on the traditional meatball recipe. Enjoy! Top with sliced scallions.
- 1 pound ground chicken (preferably dark meat)
- ½ cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
- ⅓ cup minced scallions
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, or as needed
- 1 Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2 Mix ground chicken, bread crumbs, egg, ginger, minced scallions, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and kosher salt together in a large bowl.
- 3 Form the mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls and arrange on the prepared baking sheet.
- 4 Brush the meatballs with canola oil. Bake in the preheated oven until browned and no longer pink in the center, about 13 minutes. Transfer to a platter.
- Calories 255.9
- Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 106.8 mg
- Fat 9.2 g
- Fiber 1 g
- Protein 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Sodium 459.6 mg
- Sugar 1.3 g