- Published Dec 24th
- Ready In1h 5m
Gingerbread Biscotti Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Gingerbread Biscotti for 48 servings:
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 3/4 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Gingerbread Biscotti Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 5m
To cook Gingerbread Biscotti, you need about 25 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Gingerbread Biscotti is about 40 minutes , and you can serve your Gingerbread Biscotti within 1 hour 5 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Gingerbread Biscotti easily:
- 1 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet.
- 2 In a large bowl, mix together oil, sugar, eggs, and molasses. In another bowl, combine flours, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg; mix into egg mixture to form a stiff dough.
- 3 Divide dough in half, and shape each half into a roll the length of the cookie. Place rolls on cookie sheet, and pat down to flatten the dough to 1/2 inch thickness.
- 4 Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool.
- 5 When cool enough to touch, cut into 1/2 inch thick diagonal slices. Place sliced biscotti on cookie sheet, and bake an additional 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or until toasted and crispy.
Per Serving: 70 calories; 2 grams of fat; 12.1 grams of carbohydrates; 1.4 gram of protein; 12 milligrams of cholesterol; 26 milligrams of sodium.