- Published Apr 12th
- Ready In4h
Gingerbread Cookies II Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Gingerbread Cookies II for 72 servings:
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup shortening, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Gingerbread Cookies II Cooking Instructions
- Ready In4h
To cook Gingerbread Cookies II, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Gingerbread Cookies II is about 12 minutes , and you can serve your Gingerbread Cookies II within 4 hours . The following are the steps to cook Gingerbread Cookies II easily:
- 1 Sift together the flour, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon; set aside.
- 2 In a medium bowl, mix together the shortening, molasses, brown sugar, water, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients, until they are completely absorbed. Divide dough into 3 pieces, pat down to 1 1/2 inch thickness, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 3 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Place cookies 1 inch apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 4 Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. When the cookies are done, they will look dry, but still be soft to the touch. Remove from the baking sheet to cool on wire racks. When cool, the cookies can be frosted with the icing of your choice.
Per Serving: 90 calories; 3 grams of fat; 14.5 grams of carbohydrates; 1.2 gram of protein; 3 milligrams of cholesterol; 24 milligrams of sodium.