- Published Dec 23rd
Gingerbread III Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Gingerbread III for 12 servings:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup light molasses
- 1/2 cup boiling water
Gingerbread III Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Gingerbread III easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 inch round pan. Sift together flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- 2 In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and molasses. Add flour mixture and water. Beat until smooth.
- 3 Pour batter into pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and serve warm.
Per Serving: 196 calories; 9.1 grams of fat; 26.9 grams of carbohydrates; 2.2 grams of protein; 16 milligrams of cholesterol; 182 milligrams of sodium.