- Published Sep 13th
- Ready In32m
Gingersnap Strips Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Gingersnap Strips for 60 servings:
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
Gingersnap Strips Cooking Instructions
- Ready In32m
To cook Gingersnap Strips, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Gingersnap Strips is about 12 minutes , and you can serve your Gingersnap Strips within 32 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Gingersnap Strips easily:
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper, or you may use ungreased cookie sheets.
- 2 In a medium bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves; stir into the batter until it forms a dough. The dough may seem a bit crumbly, but that is ok. Keep mixing and it will come together.
- 3 Remove dough from the bowl, and knead for a few turns. Pat out into a square, and divide into 6 equal pieces. Roll each piece out into a 12 inch long log. Place 3 logs onto each cookie sheet. Wet the tops of the logs with a little bit of water using your fingertips, then sprinkle with sugar.
- 4 Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow the cookies to cool for a couple of minutes, then slice the bars diagonally into 1 inch pieces using a knife or pizza cutter. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks. When completely cool, store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 56 calories; 2.7 grams of fat; 7.6 grams of carbohydrates; 0.5 gram of protein; 3 milligrams of cholesterol; 63 milligrams of sodium.