This is my favorite cheesecake to make, with a chocolate mint filling, not to mention an amazing crust that holds its own.
- 25 Thin Mints Girl Scout Cookies®, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 10 Thin Mints Girl Scout Cookies®, crushed
- 1 drop peppermint extract, or to taste
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Wrap the bottom of a springform pan with aluminum foil.
- 2 Mix 25 crushed cookies with butter in a large bowl. Press into the bottom of a springform pan to form crust.
- 3 Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract together in a bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well between each addition. Fold in 10 crushed cookies and peppermint extract.
- 4 Spread cream cheese mixture over crust. Set springform pan in a deep baking dish. Pour enough water into the baking dish to come halfway up the sides of the pan.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until center of the cheesecake is set, 45 to 60 minutes. Turn off oven and open door slightly, leaving cheesecake inside to cool, about 1 hour. Refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours.
- Calories 394.7
- Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Cholesterol 115.7 mg
- Fat 28.8 g
- Fiber 0.7 g
- Protein 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Sodium 276.7 mg
- Sugar 19.3 g