- Published Aug 13th
- Ready In35m
While experimenting with a gluten-free diet, I realized I needed my muffins. It took a few tries, but I honestly think that these are just as good as the original. The tops always come out pretty too. This is gluten free and can be corn free. Feel free to experiment and add whatever fruit you like, or even nuts. Happy cooking and good eating.
Gluten-Free Muffins Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Gluten-Free Muffins for 24 servings:
- 2 3/4 cups rice flour
- 1 cup millet flour
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour
- 3/4 cup date sugar
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch
- 2 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 2/3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (optional)
Gluten-Free Muffins Cooking Instructions
- Ready In35m
To cook Gluten-Free Muffins, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Gluten-Free Muffins is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Gluten-Free Muffins within 35 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Gluten-Free Muffins easily:
- 1 Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease two 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- 2 Sift rice flour, millet flour, tapioca flour, date sugar, arrowroot starch, xanthan gum, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and ginger together in a large bowl.
- 3 Mix buttermilk, egg yolks, vegetable oil, and honey together in a separate bowl. Pour over the rice flour mixture and mix until all the flour is incorporated. Fold in blueberries.
- 4 Beat egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer until almost stiff. Fold into the batter gently; batter should be very porous. Pour batter into muffin cups.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- White or brown rice flour is fine. If you use white sugar instead of date sugar, omit the honey. Substitute cornstarch for the arrowroot if preferred. Use guar gum instead of xanthan gum if preferred. Nutmeg can be used instead of ground ginger.
- Substitute fruit-flavored kefir for the buttermilk if desired. Use melted butter instead of oil if preferred. Agave can be used in place of honey.
- If making 12 large muffins, increase baking time to 20 minutes.
Per Serving: 347 calories; 10.9 grams of fat; 61.4 grams of carbohydrates; 3.9 grams of protein; 40 milligrams of cholesterol; 281 milligrams of sodium.