A quick and tasty pasta dish made using homemade courgette pesto. Great for a light summer dinner.
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 small bunch basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (12 ounce) package gnocchetti pasta
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add zucchini, cover, and steam until tender, 7 to 8 minutes. Drain.
- 2 Place basil leaves, pine nuts, and garlic in a food processor; pulse briefly until ground together. Add zucchini, 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, salt, and pepper; pulse until combined. Pour in remaining 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil through the feed tube and pulse until pesto is smooth.
- 3 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook gnocchetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 9 minutes. Drain, reserving a few tablespoons of cooking water.
- 4 Toss gnocchetti with zucchini pesto in a bowl. Thin with reserved cooking water. Garnish each serving with 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese.
- Calories 512
- Carbohydrate 64.9 g
- Cholesterol 4 mg
- Fat 22.5 g
- Fiber 4 g
- Protein 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Sodium 120.3 mg
- Sugar 4.1 g