Rich, savory, earthy, creamy – this Golden Potato Gnocchi with Arugula Pesto hits all the right spots. Thanks to Blackbelly Market for the recipe.
- 5 medium russet potatoes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons seasonal pesto such as arugula
- 1 cup seasonal vegetables (wild mushrooms, sweet peas, broccoli florets, bell peppers), steamed, roasted or grilled
- 4 fried or poached eggs, or more depending on servings
- 1 Boil russet potatoes until tender (about 35 minutes): start with cold water, bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to maintain boil for 30-35 minutes. Cool and then peel.
- 2 Mill potatoes in food mill while mixing in flour, salt, and egg. Ingredients can also be mixed together on a pastry board or in a bowl.
- 3 Knead gently for about 4 minutes until ball is dry to touch. It may be sticky; apply additional flour to the dough as needed.
- 4 Roll ropes out at 3/4" to 1" thickness. Chop into 1-inch rectangles.
- 5 Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Boil gnocchi in 3-4 batches and cook until they float (1-2 minutes).
- 6 Once floating, remove with a slotted spoon and shock them in a bath of ice water.
- 7 Sautee shallots and garlic in 1 tablespoon of butter in a pan until translucent. Remove with a slotted spoon and reserve.
- 8 Saute the gnocchi in the pan with remaining butter until they're golden brown.
- 9 Stir in reserved shallots, garlic, pesto and seasoned cooked seasonal vegetables.
- 10 Portion into 4-6 bowls and top with a fried egg. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Calories 415.7
- Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Cholesterol 158.5 mg
- Fat 17.3 g
- Fiber 3.8 g
- Protein 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Sodium 372.8 mg
- Sugar 1.4 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.