- Published Dec 16th
- Ready In1h 5m
Good Ole’ Southern Frogmore Stew Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Good Ole’ Southern Frogmore Stew for 4 servings:
- 3 quarts water
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 medium onion, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- coarse salt to taste
- 1 (3 ounce) package dry crab boil
- 1 1/2 pounds medium red potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 ears fresh corn, shucked and broken in half
- 1 1/2 pounds unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
Good Ole’ Southern Frogmore Stew Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 5m
To cook Good Ole’ Southern Frogmore Stew, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Good Ole’ Southern Frogmore Stew is about 50 minutes , and you can serve your Good Ole’ Southern Frogmore Stew within 1 hour 5 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Good Ole’ Southern Frogmore Stew easily:
- 1 Bring the water to a boil in a very large pot. Squeeze the lemon juice into the water, then throw in the halves. Add the onion, garlic, salt and crab boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for about 10 minutes.
- 2 Add the potatoes and sausage; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the corn and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the shrimp. Let sit covered for 5 minutes or until shrimp are pink. Drain, and serve with melted butter for dipping. Broth may be reserved and reused for cooking rice or other soups.
Per Serving: 1037 calories; 63.3 grams of fat; 51.8 grams of carbohydrates; 66.6 grams of protein; 397 milligrams of cholesterol; 2644 milligrams of sodium.