Gooey caramel, diced sweet, juicy apples and a hint of cinnamon in a moist and chewy cookie. Once cool, store in an airtight container. Cortland apples are recommended, but use your choice.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 apples - peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 cup individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 Beat butter, brown sugar, white sugar, baking soda, and salt together with an electric mixer in a large mixing bowl until creamy and smooth. Beat 1 egg into the butter mixture until completely blended. Add the remaining egg and vanilla together and beat until smooth.
- 2 Beat as much of the flour into the butter mixture as you can with the mixer. Use a wooden spoon to stir any remaining flour into the batter.
- 3 Mix diced apples, caramels, and cinnamon together in a separate bowl; fold into the batter. Refrigerate batter until chilled, at least 30 minutes.
- 4 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease baking sheets.
- 5 Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared sheets.
- 6 Bake in preheated oven until the tops are golden brown, about 8 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheets for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Calories 174.1
- Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Cholesterol 29.2 mg
- Fat 7.2 g
- Fiber 0.7 g
- Protein 2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Sodium 139.2 mg
- Sugar 16.8 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.